The T parameter is a measure of the mean thickness of the mineral particles in bone and is calculated from a radial intensity profile. T is calculated by .
Porod constant (P) and background (B) are derived from a Porod plot. The integral is solved by calculating the three areas I0, I1 and I2. I0 [0, qmin Kratky] is calculated by linear approximation, I1 [qmin Kratky, qmin Porod] is directly calculated from the radial intensity profile and I2 [qmin Porod, ∞] is approximated by I2 = P / qmin Porod.
- q_min Porod and q_max Porod: The region [q_min Porod, q_max Porod] is used to calculate the Porod constant (P) and the background (B). Choose the “q_min Porod” and “ q_max Porod” so that the slope of log-log plot is approximately -4.
- q_min Kratky: Select the “q_min Kratky” as an available minimum q value in the data.
- q_min Plot and q_max Plot: Both are used only for plot clarity to check the results.
- q: The q values of the radial intensity profile.
- I: The intensity values of the radial intensity profile.
- q_orig, I_orig: The radial intensity profile.
- q_porod, I_porod: The Porod plot used to calculate Porod constant and background.
- q^4, Iq^4: The "Porod Plot" profile.
- q_kratky, I_kratky: The Kratky plot used to calculate Integration_1.
- porod_cst: The calculated Porod constant.
- laue_cst: The calculated background.
- loglog_slope: The slope of the log-log-radial profile in the region [q_min_porod, q_max_porod]. Should be approximately -4.
- Integration_0, Integration_1, Integration_2, Total_integration: The calculated areas I0, I1, I2 and their sum.
- T: The T parameter.
- q_min_porod, q_max_porod, q_min_kratky: The plugin input parameters.
- qT, I_Gx: The G(x) curve plot data.
- q_min Plot and q_max Plot: Used only for plot clarity to check the results.